The schedule is listed below:
- Thursday, June 30 – Full rehearsal from 6 – 8:30p (dinner/social break included) at Frenship High School
- Friday, July 1 – Full rehearsal from 6 – 8:30p (dinner/social break included) at Frenship High School
- Saturday, July 2 – Full rehearsal from 6 – 8:30p (dinner/social break included) at Frenship High School
- Sunday, July 3 – Sound check at Mackenzie Park from 6:30 – 7:30p (exact times subject to adjustment)
- Monday, July 4 – Concert begins shortly after 10p. Call time and parking information will be announced at rehearsals.
Frenship High School– 902 Dowden Road, Wolfforth, TX 79382 – The link below should help with directions:
When you arrive at the school (west of the water tower), please be aware that the front door will not be open. We are located at the “Door 18” location. The doors are clearly marked with numbers. When you get to Door 18, you will see a big Frenship Band truck (and probably the cars of the conductors, orchestra managers, and others who arrived early to help out). We are very grateful to Tom SoRelle and Frenship ISD for allowing us to use their lovely facilities.
In order to keep expenses in check, we are also asking for donations of food, drink, time, and muscles!
We are excited about this wonderful opportunity and sincerely hope you can join us!
YOL Fall 2016 Retreat – Tentative Schedule (LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED)
• Friday evening, August 19th: 6:00 to approximately 9:00 p.m.
Kick-off Meal, Reading Rehearsal, and Welcome/Introductory Activities
• Saturday, August 20th: all day – specific times TBA
Rehearsals, Sectional Rehearsals with Coaches, Snacks, Meals, Activities
Tentative Rehearsal and Concert Schedule for Fall 2016:
Rehearsals and Concert will be held at Frenship High School
• August 28 (Rehearsals from 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.)
• September 11, 18, 25 (Rehearsals from 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.)
• October 2 (Dress Rehearsal times TBA)
• October 9 (Concert call times TBA)
Great News about our YOL Website!
Greetings all – our site is about to get a makeover. You may have noticed over the past few months that I have been posting everything on this homepage. Because of outdated and conflicting information stored in several places, I thought it best to put everything in one place (more like a bulletin board).
We realize how frustrating navigating the YOL site can be. Little by little, we have been updating and correcting information, but the time has come for a major renovation. YOL is grateful for the generosity and expertise of certain individuals (soon to be named) who are willing to help our site be more instinctive, easy to navigate, and beautiful.
2016 –2017 Preliminary Audition Results
I have found and corrected several spelling errors. If I have missed any others, PLEASE let me know ASAP by emailing email@example.com. This list will be the beginning of our new roster for the 2016-17 season.
It is NOT too late to audition for YOL! YOL is able to accept students into the program (as long as we have openings). For information and/or to schedule an audition, please email us:
Youth Orchestras of Lubbock
P.O. Box 64036
Lubbock, TX 79464
A 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization
The purpose of YOL is to provide an exceptional music education experience to the members of the orchestras; provide artistic performances that enrich the lives of developing musicians, our community, and our region; and to work cooperatively with public and private schools and independent music teachers in a continuing effort to provide musical development for youth.